Doley Psychology Services offers a 2 day workshop based on Seven Principles Program and specifically for couples which will give you new insights and research-based skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you manage conflict in a healthy, positive way. The program involves:
- 2 days filled with engaging presentations and experiential activities designed to confirm, strengthen, or restore your love
- For couples of every age, ability, and sexual orientation
- Shown to achieve results similar to those of 6 months of marital therapy
- Produces positive results for 86% of those who attend
Based on over 40 years of research with thousands of couples, The Seven Prinicples Program gives a couple new skills and insights into maintaining a healthy relationship.
This workshop is designed for ALL couples in a committed relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to foster further closeness, friendship, and trust. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide you with a greater understanding of your relationship and a road map for repair. No public discussion or disclosure is involved. All work is done as a couple and trained therapists are available to support one-on-one during exercises.
What you will learn: At the workshop, you’ll learn how to: foster respect, affection, and closeness; build and share a deeper connection with each other; keep conflict discussions calm, break through and resolve conflict gridlock; and strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship.
Workshop topics include:
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the 6 skills for effective conflict resolutions
The Seven Principles Workshop is not therapy, and is not intended to be a substitute for couples therapy or counseling. People who are interested in improving and strengthening their marriage or partnership as a couple will benefit most from this training. Showing partners how to work with the small daily moments that make up the heart and soul of any relationship, the workshop teaches partners proven, practical and effective strategies for making their marriage work.